By: Chef Ilona Daniel
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. Honibe Honey
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) PEI Brewing Company Sir John A Honey Wheat Beer
- 4 Tbsp. (half stick) butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Using a wooden spoon, stir the Sir John A Honey Wheat beer and Honibe honey into the dry ingredients until just mixed. (I put my honey in the microwave for a few seconds. Mix very lightly, just to make sure all the ingredients came together and all the dry ingredients are incorporated into the beer.)
- Pour half the melted butter into the loaf pan. Then spoon the batter into the pan, and pour the rest of the butter on top of the batter.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until top is golden brown and a toothpick/knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.